IND vs AUS: In the second innings, the Australian team failed to bat and collapsed. The Australian team was bowled out for just 91 runs in the second innings.
The Indian cricket team took the lead in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy with a resounding victory. In the first Test against Australia at Nagpur, Team India won by an innings of 132 runs. With this, the Indian team was leading 1-0 in the series of four test matches.. The Australian team was bowled out for 177 runs in the first innings. After that, Team India went into bat and were bowled out for 400 runs in their first innings.
In the second innings, the Australian team failed to bat and collapsed. The Australian team was bowled out for just 91 runs in the second innings. Now let’s know 5 key things about Team India’s success. It is noteworthy that this is the lowest score for Australia in India in Tests.
- Rohit Sharma scored a century in this match. He showed how to bat on a pitch that batsmen find difficult. Rohit’s century strengthened Team India. It was with this innings that India laid the foundation for a huge score. Rohit scored 120 runs in the first innings. He faced 212 balls in this innings and hit 15 fours and 2 sixes.
- Ravindra Jadeja’s attack also became a key reason for Team India’s victory. Jadeja showed his spin magic in the first innings. He took five wickets in the first innings. In the second innings too, Jadeja bowled brilliantly and took 2 wickets.
- Ravichandran Ashwin took 3 wickets in the first innings and 5 wickets in the second innings. Australia had no answer to this. In particular, he made the Australian left-handed batsman his victim.
- In this match, Rohit and Jadeja played a wonderful innings. Along with them, Akshar Patel also made his mark with the bat. Played the best innings of his Test career. Akshar scored 84 runs in this match. However, he missed out on his maiden international century. But based on his innings, India could build a strong lead against Australia.
- In this match, Akshar shared an 88-run partnership with Jadeja. After that, adding 52 runs with Mohammad Shami helped Team India. With this partnership, India managed to gain a lead of over 200 runs.