Shubman Gill: Team India opener Shubman Gill hits another century. The 23-year-old is making his mark in international cricket with back-to-back centuries.
Team India opener Shubman Gill hit another century. The 23-year-old is making his mark in international cricket with back-to-back centuries. A century in Tests.. then a double century in ODIs.. and now a brilliant century in T20s.. Gill is creating records as if his era has started in Team India. Shubman Gill, who failed in the first and second T20 matches against New Zealand, defeated the bowlers in the third and final match of the series. After registering the first century in T20.. in just 5 months, Virat Kohli broke the record.
Batting first in the final T20 match against the Kiwis on February 1, India posted a huge score of 234 runs for the loss of 4 wickets in the stipulated 20 overs. Gill played a game against the opposition bowlers with a brilliant century. The right-handed batsman remained unbeaten till the end with 126 runs off just 63 balls. In his first innings, Gill scored 53 runs in 35 balls.. After that, Gear changed and scored 73 runs in 25 balls. Also, 12 fours and 7 sixes in the form of boundaries… that means he scored 90 runs in 19 balls. With this innings, Gill not only achieved some special milestones, but also broke some records. Can we know what those records are?
- Shubman Gill made history by becoming the fifth Indian batsman to score centuries in all three formats. Earlier this feat was achieved by Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul and Virat Kohli.
- Gill scored 126 off just 63 balls in the T20 against the Kiwis. This is the highest individual score by an Indian batsman in this format. Gill broke the record set by Virat Kohli (122 not out) against Afghanistan 5 months ago on September 8, 2022.
- Shubman Gill has entered the records as the youngest Indian batsman to score a century in international T20. By setting this record at the age of 23 years and 146 days, Gill overtook Suresh Raina (23 years and 156 days).
- Gill became the highest scorer in this format against New Zealand. He broke the previous record held by South Africa’s Richard Levy (117 not out). Also, in last month’s ODI against the Kiwis, Gill registered his highest individual score in ODIs with a double century.
- This is Gill’s first century in international T20s. Gill became the seventh batsman to score a century for India in this format. Before him, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav and Virat Kohli have achieved this feat.
- This is India’s highest score against the Kiwis in T20s (234), and earlier in Hamilton in 2019, Team India scored 208 runs.
- If we look at Gill’s records from December 14 last year, he has scored a total of 5 centuries in all three formats. Shubman Gill is the only batsman to score so many centuries in so few matches.
More Cricket News for..