In the third T20 match against New Zealand, Gill scored 126 runs in 63 balls with 12 fours and 7 sixes. He became the high scorer in the T20 format for India. Also with this innings Gill.. Kohli’s name
Shubman Gill Records In T20i
Team India won by 166 runs in the third T20 against New Zealand at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Wednesday. Batting first, India scored 234 runs for the loss of 4 wickets in the allotted overs. New Zealand, who came next, could not keep up with the pace of India’s bowlers and collapsed for 66 runs. As a result, India won the T20 series and the third match. However, the innings played by the young player Shubman Gill was the most important in India achieving this huge score. In this match, Gill scored 126 runs in just 63 balls with 12 fours and 7 sixes. He became the high scorer in the T20 format for India. Moreover, with this innings, Gill not only overwrote the record held by Kohli but also created some other records. Let’s see what they are now..
- Shubman Gill became the fifth batsman to score a century in all three formats for India. Earlier this feat was achieved by Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul and Virat Kohli.
- Gill, who scored 126 runs in 63 balls with 12 fours and 7 sixes, became the highest scorer in the T20 format for India. Earlier this record was held by Virat Kohli. This record was held by Kohli who scored an unbeaten 122 runs against Afghanistan 5 months ago (8 September 2022).
- Shubman Gill also became the youngest player to score a century in international T20 for India. By achieving this feat at the age of 23 years and 146 days, Gill surpassed Suresh Raina (23 years and 156 days).
- Gill became the highest scorer (126 not out) against New Zealand in the T20 format. This record was previously held by South Africa’s Richard Levy (117 not out). In the recent ODI series against the same team, Gill also registered the highest score with a double century (208).
- This is Gill’s first century in international T20. Gill became the seventh player to score a century for India in this format. Before him, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav and Virat Kohli achieved this feat.
- From January 14, 2022, Shubhaman Gill scored a total of 5 centuries in all three formats of international cricket. This is the record for most centuries scored in this particular period.
Click for more latest sports news.