New Zealand beat India by 21 runs in the first T20I in Ranchi to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
India Vs New Zealand 1st T20i
India vs New Zealand 1st T20I: Team India, which is continuously winning in the new year, faced defeat. The Indian team, which had a clean sweep in the ODI series against New Zealand, lost to the same Kiwis team in the first match of the T20 series held in Ranchi. New Zealand defeated India by 21 runs in the first match of the three-match series on Friday, January 27. With this, New Zealand took a 1-0 lead in the series. This win by New Zealand is so special that it puts New Zealand at the top of any other team coming to India.
Batting first in this match, New Zealand scored 176 runs in 20 overs. On behalf of New Zealand, Devon Conway and Daryl Mitchell scored half-centuries, while Washington Sundar took 2 wickets. In response to this, India’s batting turned out to be a flop. In the end, Suryakumar Yadav and Sundar’s innings of half-centuries could not avoid the defeat as India lost 9 wickets and scored 155 runs.
Kiwi records in Ranchi..
- New Zealand became the first team to bat first in the fourth T20 match against India. New Zealand has registered 4 wins in 6 Tests. All other teams have won only 3 matches.
- Not only this, New Zealand’s four wins have come while defending a target of less than 200. No other team has managed to successfully defend a target of less than 200.
- New Zealand captain Mitchell Santner equaled the nearly seven-year-old record. Santner gave only 11 runs in 4 overs in this innings. It was also the most economical bowling by any spinner against India at home. In 2016 too, Santner gave only 11 runs in 4 overs.
- Washington Sundar scored 50 runs in this match. He became the second Indian to score a half-century at number six while hitting the target in T20s. Before him, Akshar Patel achieved the feat against Sri Lanka this month. India lost both the matches.
- At the same time, Rahul Tripathi also has some bad records to his name among Indian players. Rahul Tripathi has equaled KL Rahul’s Indian record of not opening his account after playing the most balls in men’s T20Is. Rahul both played 6 balls but got out for 0 runs.
- Not only this, the Indian team played two maiden overs in this innings. One of them was Suryakumar Yadav bowled by Santner. This is the first time that India have played 2 maidens in order to chase down the target.