10 Interesting Facts about Virat Kohli: Former India captain Virat Kohli turned 34 today. Let’s take a look at 10 interesting facts about Kohli’s career.
Virat Kohli Birthday Special
Virat Kohli, known as King Kohli, is one of the best batsmen in the history of Indian cricket. He has also earned the title of being the next run machine to unleash a deluge of runs on any ground. Today is the birthday of Virat Kohli who wrote a special page for himself not only in Indian cricket but also in world cricket. But currently Virat Kohli is not the captain of Team India. Even without the captain’s crown, he has been delighting fans with all the qualities one would expect from a top player. Kohli, who has been troubled by his poor form for three years, is currently entertaining not only the audience but also the fans of Team India with his excellent innings in the T20 World Cup. He also proved why he owns the Chasing Master avatar once again.
King Kohli has scored half-centuries in three out of four matches so far in the current T20 World Cup. It is noteworthy that he was not out in these three innings. He was in super form with an unbeaten 82 against Pakistan, an unbeaten 62 against the Netherlands, 12 not out against South Africa and then an unbeaten 64 against Bangladesh. Currently Virat is playing in his old style. Let’s find out 10 important things about this special player’s career on his birthday.
1. Former Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli was born on 5th November 1988 in Delhi. His father name is Prem Kohli and mother name is Saroj. He has a brother Vikas and a sister Bhavna Kohli. Virat is also affectionately known as Cheeku.
2. Virat Kohli started learning cricket from coach Rajkumar Sharma in Delhi. He took his early lessons in the game at the Cricket Academy in West Delhi. Playing cricket at all levels, he made it to the Indian Under-19 team. After winning the Under-19 World Cup in 2008, there was no looking back.
3. Virat Kohli’s inspiration in cricket is the great former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. He talked about this many times. Later he not only got the chance to play with Sachin, but Sachin also won his first World Cup title in his presence.
4. Virat Kohli played his first international cricket match in 2008 as an ODI match against Sri Lanka. Only 12 runs came from his bat in that match. In the absence of Sachin and Sehwag, Virat got a chance to play that day.
5. Virat Kohli has many big records in the name of international cricket. He set a record of fastest 8000, 9000, 10000, 11000, 12000 ODI runs or 43 centuries in ODIs. Second after Sachin. Kohli has scored 71 centuries in international cricket so far.
6. Scored the fastest century for India in ODI cricket in 2013 against Australia in 2013. He scored a century in just 52 balls.
7. As a captain, Virat Kohli scored 7 double centuries in Test cricket. It is noteworthy that no other captain in the world has done it in this long format. Apart from this, he became the only Indian Test captain to lead India to 27 Test victories.
8. The record of most runs in T20 international cricket is also held by Virat. Since 2010, he has scored 3932 runs in 113 matches.
9. Talking about awards, Virat Kohli has won Arjuna Award, Padma Shri, Khel Ratna so far. Apart from this, he has won ICC ODI Player of the Year three times, ICC Cricketer of the Year twice, Cricketer of the Decade Award (2011-2020), Wisden Leading Cricketer of the Year Award three times.
10. Talking about personal life, Virat Kohli got married to actress Anushka Sharma on December 11, 2017 in Italy. Currently they have a daughter named Vamika.