T20 World Cup 2022 Top Stats: Total 45 matches are to be played in T20 World Cup 2022. So far, 26 matches have been completed. Let’s see who is ahead in terms of records..
T20 World Cup 2022 Records
More than half of the T20 World Cup 2022 matches have been completed. After these matches, Sri Lankan opener Kushal Mendis is at the top in terms of runs. At the same time, Netherlands bowler Bas de Leede is leading in taking wickets. However, there is also a bigger reason why the Sri Lanka vs Netherlands players are at the top of these statistics. It should be noted that these teams have played more matches than other teams. Sri Lanka, Netherlands, Ireland and Zimbabwe are ahead of other Super-12 teams in the records due to playing in the qualifiers as well. These teams have played 3 more matches than the teams playing in T20 World Cup 2022 Super 12.
These are the records recorded in the T20 World Cup so far.
1. Highest score: South Africa scored 205 for 5 against Bangladesh.
2. Biggest win: South Africa beat Bangladesh by 104 runs.
3. Highest runs: Sri Lankan opener Kushal Mendis scored 176 runs in 5 innings. His batting average was 44 and strike rate was 157.14.
4. Best innings: South Africa’s Riley Roseau scored 109 runs against Bangladesh.
5. Most Sixes: Riley Rosso has hit 8 sixes so far.
6. Most wickets: Netherlands bowler Boss de Leed took 9 wickets in 5 innings. His bowling average was 14.44 with an economy rate of 8.66.
7. Best Bowling: In the ongoing match against Afghanistan, England fast bowler Sam Curran took 5 wickets for 10 runs in 3.4 overs.
8. Best wicket keeping: England’s Jos Buttler took 5 wickets behind the wicket.
9. Highest Partnership: South Africa’s Riley Rosso and Quinton de Kock shared a 168-run partnership against Bangladesh.
10. Most Catches: Irishman Mark Eder took 4 catches in 5 matches.
11. First century: South African batsman Riley Roseau scored 109 runs against Bangladesh. This made him the first player to score a century in this tournament.