India Vs Pakistan T20 WC 2022 Records: With the victory in Melbourne, the Indian team has set many huge records. Let’s see that..
India defeated Pakistan by four wickets in their first match of T20 World Cup 2022. The match was nerve-wracking as India won on the last ball. Virat Kohli scored an unbeaten 82 off 53 balls to give India this win. With this victory, the Indian team also has many records in its name. Let’s have a look at some such records.
Records added to India’s account..
- Team India needed 48 runs in the last three overs to win this match. This is a T20 World Cup record.
- Before India, Australia also won the match needing 48 runs in the last three overs.
- This is also the highest number of runs scored in the last three overs of a T20 World Cup.
- Meanwhile, it is noteworthy that the bowling team was the Pakistan team both times.
India won for the fourth time on the last ball.
- This is the fourth time India have won a last-ball T20I.
- Earlier, India won against Australia in 2016, Bangladesh and West Indies in 2018.
Hardik, Kohli record partnership against Pakistan..
Losing four wickets for 31 runs, the Indian team is in dire straits. After this, Hardik Pandya and Virat Kohli put on a partnership of 113 runs to bring India back into the match. The duo’s partnership became India’s biggest partnership against Pakistan for any wicket in T20 international cricket.
Team India Playing XI: Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik(w), Akshar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
Pakistan Playing XI: Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan(w), Shan Masood, Haider Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Iftiker Ahmed, Asif Ali, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Raouf, Naseem Shah