ICC T20 World Cup 2022: India vs Pakistan teams will face off at Melbourne Cricket Ground. Records show that batting on this ground is not easy.
IND vs PAK Melbourne Cricket Ground
The biggest match of the T20 World Cup will be played today in the Super-12 round. India and Pakistan teams will face each other at 1.30 pm. The stage is set for this great match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia. So far 15 T20 matches have been played on this ground. The conditions here can be easily guessed from the calculations here. Now let’s know 5 interesting things about this ground before the Indo-Pak match..
1. The highest score on this ground is 184/3. The Indian team made this score against Australia in January 2016.
2. Lowest score on this ground is 74/10. This score was also recorded in the name of the Indian team.
3. 150+ runs scored only 8 times in 30 innings played at this ground in 15 matches. That means batting on this ground is not that easy.
4. It is noteworthy that the top-5 bowlers who have taken the most wickets here are all fast bowlers. Kane Richardson tops the list with 9 wickets in 4 matches.
5. All the spinners here are among the top-5 bowlers who have bowled with the best economy. Australia’s Adam Voges leads the way with an economy rate of 2.50.
The chasing team wins.
In the 15 T20 matches played in Melbourne, the team batting second won 9 times. The team that batted first won 5 matches here. One match was inconclusive. Team India played 4 T20 matches and Pakistan played one T20 match on this ground. Both the teams played all their matches against hosts Australia here. Out of the four matches played here, India have two wins, one loss and one draw. At the same time, Pakistan suffered a defeat in their only match.