In the T20 World Cup 2022, the Indian team is going to start its journey with a match against Pakistan. This blockbuster match between the two countries will be held on October 23 in Melbourne. Cricket fans all over the world are eagerly waiting for this. In last year’s T20 World Cup, Team India had to suffer defeat against Pakistan. Rohit’s brigade is eager to take revenge for that. Three matches have been played between the two neighbors in the past one year. In that, Team India had to suffer defeat in two matches.
At the same time, in the recently held Asia Cup, the two teams won each of the two matches. In such conditions, it is expected that there will be a tough competition this time as well. However, fans and experts have seen that to win against Pakistan, India must avoid repeating these five mistakes.
1. Poor Fielding: Team India’s fielding is considered world class. But the Indian team’s fielding in the previous matches against Pakistan was nothing special. Arshdeep Singh dropped a catch in the Asia Cup match against Pakistan. He had to bear the burden for that. Apart from this, the Indian players’ fielding has not been very impressive in many cases. Recently, Indian team players fielded well in the practice match against Australia. This needs to be continued on Pakistan as well.
2. Avoiding Bad Start: Indian batsmen are struggling in the opening overs against Pakistan. Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul couldn’t do anything special in the Asia Cup 2022 group match. At the same time, the situation of both the players was similar in the last World Cup as well. Indian fans are hoping that these two players will give the team a great start in this great match. Both the players will want to cope effectively with the spell of a player like Shaheen Afridi.
3. Run-rate in middle overs: It will be remembered that India got off to a good start in the Super-Four match of the Asia Cup. But, in the middle overs, the Indian team lost wickets and the run rate decreased. As a result, India could not reach the two hundred mark in that match. In the last World Cup too, the Indian players were seen struggling against the Pakistan team in the middle overs. Now it will be effective for the Indian team to correct this error.
4. 19th Over: The 19th over became a problem for the Indian team. It is known that the 19th over has become expensive for players like Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Arshdeep Singh in recent times. In the group match against Pakistan in the Asia Cup, Bhuvi scored 19 runs in the 19th over. Now the Indian team has to overcome this weakness against Pakistan. Harshal Patel, who impressed with his impressive performance against Australia, has a chance to be a great choice.
5. Early dismissal of Rizwan-Babar: Pakistan’s wicket keeper batsmen Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam are doing brilliantly against the Indian team. In the last World Cup, both of them together led Pakistan to victory over India. While Babar failed in Asia Cup 2022, Rizwan did wonders in both the matches. If India is to win the upcoming match, the duo of Babar and Rizwan will need to be brought to the pavilion soon. For this, especially the fast bowlers need to bowl with a straight length-line in the opening overs. This can increase the pressure on both players. As a result, they lose wickets later.