Babar Azam Pakistan vs England: Pakistan defeated England by 10 wickets in the second match of the T20 series. In this sequence, Babar Azam showed his strength with an unbeaten century.
Babar Azam Pakistan vs England: Pakistan defeated England by 10 wickets in the second match of the T20 series held at Karachi. Batting first, England set a target of 200 runs. In response, captain Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan played a storming innings to give the team victory. In this sequence, Babar was able to score a century and Rizwan remained unbeaten with 88 runs.
Pakistan team chased down the target set by England without losing a wicket in 19.3 overs. Rizwan scored an unbeaten 88 off 51 balls. His innings had 5 fours and 4 sixes. Babar scored an unbeaten 110 off 66 balls. Babar hit 11 fours and 5 sixes. In this way, England was badly defeated by Pakistan.
Earlier, England scored 199 runs for the loss of 5 wickets in 20 overs. Moeen Ali scored an unbeaten 55 off 23 balls for England. During this time he hit 4 fours and 4 sixes. Duckett scored 43 runs off 22 balls. Sam Curran remained unbeaten on 10 runs.
Babar created many records in his name while batting in this match. He completed 8000 runs in T20. Along with this, Babar tied Indian captain Rohit Sharma. Babar has reached the level of Rohit who scored most centuries as a captain in T20 Internationals. Both scored two centuries each.
Records broken with Babar’s century..
- Babar Azam registers the second century of his T20 career. Babar completed this century in just 62 balls. He scored an unbeaten 110 off 66 balls with 11 fours and 5 sixes.
- With this, Babar became the first Pakistani batsman to score two centuries in T20 Internationals. Babar scored his first century against South Africa.
- Not only this, Babur also ended the drought that had been going on for the last month. Babar, who hadn’t touched the 50 mark in seven consecutive innings, ended the wait with a blistering century.
- Babar Azam also registered his 10th century as captain. He became the Pakistan batsman who scored the most centuries as a captain.
- Along with Babar, Mohammad Rizwan also played a brilliant innings and registered his 19th career half-century. Rizwan remained unbeaten on 88 off 51 balls.
- Babar and Rizwan scored 203 runs without losing a wicket and won by 10 wickets. Both of them created a new record for the highest partnership in the run chase. Earlier this record stood at 197 runs.
- This is the fifth partnership of more than 150 runs between Rizwan and Babar. There is no one close to this couple. Indian legends Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan have shared this partnership twice.
- This made Pakistan the first team in the history of T20 cricket to reach the target of 200 or more runs without losing a wicket.
- Pakistan won for the second time in T20 cricket by 10 wickets. Earlier last year he defeated India in the World Cup. In that match too, Babar and Rizwan showed their strength as openers.